The answer here depends on which type of fund you have, which type of service you are looking to cover with that fund, and certain legal and employer-based eligibility issues. Since we are neither lawyers nor accountants, we do not want to misinterpret your current state laws or the current vague federal laws and risk potentially advising you incorrectly, so please consult your tax advisor to get the most appropriate and current advice on your specific funding situation and our clinic’s services. If you find out that you are eligible, we can set up to have your payments come directly from the account of your choosing.

If you would like to learn more about this topic, here are some resources that may be helpful:
IRS Publication 502 (for 2017 tax year)
IRS Code Section 213(d) – Eligible Expenses
IRS Code Section 223 – HDHPs and HSAs